"I have CDO- It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be."

Saturday, February 5, 2011

31 weeks-9 left to go!!!

Well.....I've made it to 31 weeks! I'm STILL in awe that I'm having a baby! Me, I, Gina is having a baby in about 9 weeks! I'm scared, excited and extremely nervous all in one! I thank God everyday that He trusts us with one of His children!

A little bit about this past week! We had our 30 week check-up on Wednesday and all was PERFECT except that I failed my one hour glucose diabetes screening. BUMMER! I had to do the 3 hour test this past Thursday. It wasn't too bad since Chris came with me to keep me company. I won't know the results until next week, but one way or the other I will be okay. Worst case senario, I have gestational diabetes and I get to meet Luke a little earlier than we thought. Babies with GD tend to get bigger earlier!

We had our breastfeeding class this past week which was interesting. I feel more comfortable that I will be able to "successfully" breastfeed, but I know that may not always be the case. We have our birthing education class this Saturday. CAN'T WAIT!!! Last but not least....my shower is in two weeks!!!

Here's Luke's life!
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.



Here's something fun to read over!

How you know your 7 months pregnant:

*Your hubby learns how to buckle, tie, and adjust your shoes-if you can weat them (my feet don't allow me to sometimes)

*You can barely shave your legs, and lotioning legs or cutting your own toenails is no longer an option

*You pop tums as if they are tictacs

*Scouting out restroom locations is the top priority when entering an unfamiliar location

*You are responsible for making the decision for every meal because everyone asks what you and Baby would like to eat

*Grunting, moaning, and wobbling like a 90 year old is normal

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment