"I have CDO- It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be."

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ships ahoy...it's a BOY!

This past Saturday was my 1st baby shower. It was ABSOLUTELY beautiful and I feel so blessed to have such amazing women in my life. The theme was "ships ahoy...it's a boy". It was complete with a candy bar, yummy cake, scrapbooking station, games, lots of presents for Luke and the LOVE of family and friends! :-) After being showered with gifts, I came home and unpacked everything (did you expect anything less from me). It took about 2 hours to go through everything and boy is Luke almost all set. He has the cutest outfits!!! I honestly couldn't have done it better myself...I'm sad it's over with. :-( A VERY VERY VERY special thank you to my Mom, Katie, Mariah, Danielle L., Tanya, Danielle K., Jessie, Donna, Stephanie and Amy. You ladies mean the world to me and Luke!

SO SO SO BLESSED!
Such a nice job Tanya!
My cute cake with nothing but RED VELVET CUPCAKES!
Super cute sign!
The ladies who made this whole thing possible!
In addition to my shower, this past week I went to St. Augustine with my 4th graders! The kids had a BLAST! I wish I could say the same. LOL!!! It was a great trip, but I can't say that I had a BLAST.
WOO HOO!!! 33 weeks prego today! I know, I can't believe it myself, but yes I REALLY am already 33 weeks. I'm so full of mixed emotions about having this little guy. I'm excited to be a mommy, but scared as heck! I know my life is about to change in so many ways and I hope I'm prepared for as much of it as possible. :-)
Luke's World!!!
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment