"I have CDO- It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be."

Saturday, January 8, 2011

27 weeks!!! One more week and I'm in my final lap..3rd TRIMESTER!


My 27 week belly!!!


Tomorrow I will be 27 weeks! It's been an eventful week this past week. Chris was gone on a 4 day boating trip to make extra money and when he returned he said my belly grew! In 4 days??? LOL! It was nice to have the house alone for the first night, but after that I wanted my BEST FRIEND HOME! I'm happy he's back! :-)

Sleeping, walking and driving have become such a "task" this past week. I can't sleep without feeling like I can't breathe. It wakes me up ALL the time. Then I turn to my other side and start the "cycle" over. Walking has been another obstacle. Every time I stand up, my right leg almost gives out on me because of my siatic nerve and my back KILLING me. And of course driving has become hard since I have to get in and out of the car (which isn't easy) and the seat belt "cuts" into my chest. However, I wouldn't trade ANY of it for the world! Believe it or not, I still love being pregnant. :-)

This week I felt Luke "roll" across my belly. I've only felt him kick in the past. It's the weirdest feeling, but one that I love to feel.

On another note, going back to work wasn't too bad, but it was a challenge with my feet. :-( I have to wear slippers all day to help with the swelling. Not to mention the diabetic socks I wear with my shoes daily. Let me just tell you how sexy I look with those on. LOL!!! Come 2:45pm, my feet are beyond swollen and hurt so bad that when I get home I lay on the couch with them elevated for hours on end. :-( I'm hoping to work up until the end of March, but I have a feeling I won't make it until then.

I'm super excited for the next coming weeks! We have a lot of things coming up that I am so thankful for. I'm starting my sewing lessons Monday, I'm off next Monday and have my 28 weeks check-up, Chris' Aunt and Uncle are coming into town, Amy's shower for baby Bradley, breast feeding class starts, birthing class starts, Valentine's Day, 4th grade Saint Augustine trip (hopefully I can go), My friends and family shower AND my church shower. I'M SO BLESSED!!!

Well.....on to Luke! Here's what's going on with him. :-)

his week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.




No comments:

Post a Comment